• Page:

TOPIC: PMMA and HA Compatibility

PMMA and HA Compatibility 3 years 1 week ago #1308702455

• justn8
  • justn8's Avatar Topic Author
  • General
  • General
  • Thank you received: 88
The recent thread about the discontinued use of Silikon as a smoothing agent at Avanti had me wondering. Could you have HA injected after having PMMA and that collagen/implant forming?

Both to temporarily smooth out or to add additional size if someone was unsure they'd want to permanently live with it? Has anyone done a collagen forming Dermal Filler such as PMMA or Ellanse and then followed up with HA injections at a later date?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PMMA and HA Compatibility 3 years 1 week ago #1308702460

• melon
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
I imagine you could. PMMA/Ellanse as far as possible understand work by your body providing a foreign body reaction and encapsulating the spheres of PMMA/Ellanse in collagen. The spheres of PMMA do not breakdown completely, or break down much slower, and with Ellanse you should theoretically have the Ellanse degrade by year 5 but have the collagen remain. I would imagine injecting filler over what it just collagen, or collagen encapsulating other filler, would be no problem but I may be wrong.

I do know doctors will “mix” different fillers in the face by injecting different depths and areas with different fillers, but I imagine introducing 2 types of HA to the same location in the penis might lead to complications with bunching and thus irregularities as they are of a different volume/particle density and might complicate the other. Would be interested to hear if something like teosyal was ever used in the base maybe (thicker filler, less migration) and a different filler was used in the shaft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream