• Page:

TOPIC: Casavantes Study

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698347

• jacknimble
  • jacknimble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm guessing this must already be posted somewhere around here but I found it very sobering. Over half of patients with PMMA experience long term complications such as irregularities, granulomas, etc. That's WAY higher than I was expecting given the generally positive and optimistic outlook on these forums regarding PMMA.

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1743609516302995

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698354

From that article, it seemed the majority were happy with the outcome. I'm not sure I saw the negatives you are trying to show?

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698356

jacknimble wrote: I'm guessing this must already be posted somewhere around here but I found it very sobering. Over half of patients with PMMA experience long term complications such as irregularities, granulomas, etc. That's WAY higher than I was expecting given the generally positive and optimistic outlook on these forums regarding PMMA.

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1743609516302995

Aesthetic irregularities, quite frankly, aren't on par with complications that plagued methods of old, and are often times correctable/treatable.

Think scarring, shortening, nerve damage, infection, impotence, and necrotic tissue... none of which are a serious or common concern with (non-silicone based) filler injections performed by an experienced & qualified practitioner.

This may better explain your observations.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698358

That article actually was one of the things that comforted me prior to my first session so... I guess we read it a bit differently

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698366

• jacknimble
Well the study itself uses the term complications. And seriously? Have you looked at photos of these irregular shapes and granulomas? Just imagine trying to convince a girl that the weird lumpiness in your Dick isn't anything she needs to worry about health-wise. No way she isn't thinking you've got some horrible disease.

How would knowing that you have such a ridiculously high chance of having problems have possibly comforted you?

Last edit: by jacknimble.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698367

jacknimble wrote: Well the study itself uses the term complications. And seriously? Have you looked at photos of these irregular shapes and granulomas? Just imagine trying to convince a girl that the weird lumpiness in your Dick isn't anything she needs to worry about health-wise. No way she isn't thinking you've got some horrible disease.

How would knowing that you have such a ridiculously high chance of having problems have possibly comforted you?

Most results are pretty decent, perhaps you should acquire an upgraded membership and see up-to-date progress reports...

Yes, I understand they used the term "complications," but I'm trying to point out to you the degrees of severity between major complications and minor complications to better explain the positive reception many people have had with filler injections.

To be quite frank, the vast majority of new users are simply unaware of the horrific track record of Phalloplasty, and this forum is a large reason why many of those more "major" complications have become increasingly obsolete.

Furthermore, the aesthetic irregularities I spoke of are generally treatable. If you can't handle the inevitability of a ridge or Nodule (that can typically be fixed), Phalloplasty isn't for you.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698381

jacknimble wrote: Well the study itself uses the term complications. And seriously? Have you looked at photos of these irregular shapes and granulomas? Just imagine trying to convince a girl that the weird lumpiness in your Dick isn't anything she needs to worry about health-wise. No way she isn't thinking you've got some horrible disease.

I would hazard a bet that I've looked at far more photos of Phalloplasty related complications than you have. After years of following these options closely I chose to accept the risk and be fine with any of those (minor) complications. I would prefer to not have any serious ones however and can happily live with the minor variety if I did my research.

The article is clear, minor complications that still resulted in a high satisfaction rate (for any cosmetic procedure). That means that the bulk of those men were still happy with the procedure despite the odd minor issue.

To be frank, it already sounds to me like this isn't something you want to do. I'm not sure what you're expecting if you go for either PMMA or Ellanse, but I feel like you'd have some major freak outs even if things go well. And I'm not saying this to be a Dick or rude. I've had conversations with guys having mini meltdowns immediately after their procedures and unless you're ok with something outside perfect you might want to spend the money on something else.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698382

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698384

Hey Jacknimble,

Thanks for sharing man, you're indeed correct that this has been posted before.

No one on this site is going to try to persuade you to get a procedure. If anything, most of the admins will encourage you NOT to get a procedure if you don't have some kind of an unremitting need to do so.

Most of the people who have filled out progress reports on PB3.0 have gone into PMMA knowing the risks - but because of life-crippling anxiety or personal obsession, or some other unabating driving force that would have otherwise consumed them, they have accepted the risks for the chance of having a better life overall.

Your comments don't read like you have this sort of hindering force in your life. Therefore the risk of complications will weigh more heavily on you and any payoffs will feel much less significant.

To echo Justn8's point, no matter how good the results, the procedure is anxiety-provoking throughout. Most progress reports mention this - but when you're about to go through it, you are really questioning why you're there. I mean this is your penis. It's gonna look really wonky for days or perhaps weeks afterwards while it heals. You aren't going to be able to sleep well during that time in general because of the after care - and if you can't answer the question to yourself "why have I done this?" firmly - you will freak out and drive yourself crazy. I encourage you to go into the PhalloBoards 2.0 reserves and dig through some of the progress reports. There are a few in there that had really solid results, but because of aesthetics worries, the patients ended up more unhappy than when they began. You will not have a perfect greco-roman marble penis at the end of this.

There's a mantra on here that goes somewhat like: the only way to ensure no complications is to not get the procedure. You should probably not get the procedure.

Last edit: by WonderingMatias.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698399

Like @justn8 I was also comforted by that study. Yes, 50% of Dr. C's surveyed patients self-reported irregularities but they also reported a 90% satisfaction rate. Think about that for a minute. If most of the irregularities were really that bad then why would all these patients still claim to be satisfied? Also, many of them come back for more.

It all depends on why you're doing this. If you want a beauty contest worthy Dick that looks aesthetically pristine then this probably isn't a good option for you. I believe most of us here are in it for more pragmatic purposes -- the better feeling from sex and confidence of having a bigger Dick -- and aesthetics (within reason) are a secondary concern. For me, some small lumps or uneveness isn't a big deal at all. The practical aspects of having a bigger Dick is what I'm doing this for.

Also, I understand that I'm way more focused on my Dick than any woman is ever going to be. I have a couple small bumps and a little uneveness but when I mentioned this to my wife -- who of course knows my Cock very well -- it blew her mind. She didn't even notice.

One more thing to consider is the fact that normal, natural penises are often irregular, fugly looking things. Browse a collection of 100 Dick photos -- there are all sorts of variations. We tend to think of our own dicks as the "standard issue" when in fact they're just one in a million different variations. Women generall experience an array of this variety, and unless she's looking for something, such as if she has an inkling that you're enhanced, the chances of some small bumps being noticed, in my opinion, is pretty negligible. And even if it did happen, so what? If that's enough to end a potential relationship then that's probably not a person you're going to want to be with anyway.

Now, I don't want to tell you what way to go, but it seems as if you're already at a decent size and are a little too concerned about minor irregularities that, chances are, will probably occur.

Dr. C clearly states that there isn't yet a perfect filler for the penis, and some bumps and uneveness is just a small trade off for the benefit of having a bigger Dick. As far as I'm concerned, it's a deal that I would take any day.

Last edit: by Jacks10.

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698404

• jacknimble
I see what you mean but still, maybe I just am not getting the right picture of how significant these aesthetic issues are. I would expect it to be extremely difficult explaining to a girl you've never slept with before that the weird, rock hard lumps on your penis are not some terrible disease she has to worry about.

And a 10% chance that you are going to be unhappy with your Dick for the rest of your life, that's pretty f'ing high...

Casavantes Study 3 years 8 months ago #1308698406

jacknimble wrote: I see what you mean but still, maybe I just am not getting the right picture of how significant these aesthetic issues are. I would expect it to be extremely difficult explaining to a girl you've never slept with before that the weird, rock hard lumps on your penis are not some terrible disease she has to worry about.

And a 10% chance that you are going to be unhappy with your Dick for the rest of your life, that's pretty f'ing high...

If you go to my status report you can check out some pics of what some of the minor irregularities look like. There are two bumps on my Dick in the round one photos, but I doubt you will be able to notice them. In my next update I will take a pic of the bumps specifically. In most instances they're hardly noticeable at all. Also, there are many other explanations besides venereal disease (dig into the boards for some good ones). Or you can just say that you have PMMA if questioned -- why not?

One more thing is that the chances of positive vs. negative outcome isn't 90/10, as the individual patient's expectations and outlook has a major impact on this, as SO pointed out. One patient with an irregularity may think it's the end of the world, while another with a very similar irregularity may not be bothered by it at all. Personally, I feel as if the term "irregularity" is a misnomer here, as it seems to me as if minor bumps, voids, or maybe a little unevenness is a regular part of the process. There is no perfect Phalloplasty procedure, and fillers (like PMMA, Ellanse, and HA) have changed the game for the better. 20 years ago even pronounced "irregularities" that patients receive from PMMA would seem like a miraculous result. In other words, we may be becoming a little spoiled. This is to say that if you go down this road you should expect some indicators of the journey.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream