TOPIC: Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 11 months ago #1308697643

• liber1440
  • liber1440's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Folks,

I wanted to get the overall feeling of folks here who might plan to receive a filler in the next couple weeks or months when traveling restriction becomes more lax. I suppose one of my fears is getting sick during the recovering stages post procedure and/or not allowed back to the US after going to Mexico. Do folks think I should wait? The summer is the perfect time for me as if becomes really difficult during the Fall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 11 months ago #1308697644

These are all legitimate concerns. That's why I'm waiting for my next round.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 11 months ago #1308697645

I need two things to happen to be able to go back.

1) the US/Mexico border has to be ok with accepting citizens of a country other than America coming through without issue/immediate quarantine
2) Canada allowing us to return from any international travel without mandatory 14 day quarantine

So... until those things happen, I won't be able to go back. I only do one night there and return so depending on how the spread is still in my area, I'll just be monitoring my health and temperature right up until departure.

Last edit: by justn8.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 11 months ago #1308697646

• liber1440
According to Dr. C and the US/Mexico embassy update, after May 15th we will know more. On their website it also breaks down the states of Mexico and Tijuana (the state of Baja California) appears to be in stage 2. I originally wanted to go during the first week of June but doesn't seem like things will be okay by then.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 11 months ago #1308697647

I have a consultation with Dr. C tomorrow on getting Ellanse. They informed me through email that the border would be opening back up and they were starting to schedule appointments starting june 1st.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 11 months ago #1308697650

• liber1440
Any foreseeable issues returning back into the states? Will you be arriving by plane?

Also, really odd question, have folks every encountered a story where someone received a procedure and became sick right afterwards due a flu or cold? I am curious how the body will react to both a PMMA injected and potentially sick. I suppose one wouldn't even know since this flu is unprecedented...

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697674

Any word from Dr C? I booked an appointment for the 3rd but im not sure if its happening or not

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697675

At Avanti Derma?
I had consultation with him today he said they were opening back up beginning of june and he was booked up the first 2 weeks. So it sounds like you're good. I'll be going 3rd week of june for Ellanse let me know how everything goes.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697691

I would check back with Dr. C on this, guys.

I have an appointment scheduled for June 9th to fix this Frankenstein I have on my hands here - two days ago the State Dep't. issued a continuation of "non-essential" travel ban between US and Mexico. It is not clear that medical (which I assume this trip would be categorized) would be exempted. The last thing I want to risk is flying out to San Diego and not being able to get into Mexico, or worse - getting stuck in TJ after my procedure.

Dr. C said he would be getting back to me soon.

Anybody else have updates?

GirthyGoals wrote: At Avanti Derma?
I had consultation with him today he said they were opening back up beginning of june and he was booked up the first 2 weeks. So it sounds like you're good. I'll be going 3rd week of june for Ellanse let me know how everything goes.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697693

I've emailed him a few times since my consultation I'm scheduled for june 18th. When he responds I'll ask if they know anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iwantfullfrontal

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697694

Luckily for me i live in San Diego but yea, I definitely do not want to get stuck down there. I read somewhere that they will know more by the 30th but my appointment is for the 3rd so thats cutting it kinda close. Also wanted to stay down there a few days and it looks like the grand is taking reservations but.....I know ive been bugging the crap out of Dr.C and im sure he is eager to get back to work and is probably as clueless as any of us. Ill let you all know what i hear asap

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697697

He did say he'd be issuing public updates on here when he has concrete info. It might not be quite as soon as some are hoping though. They just extended the Canada/US non-essential closure until June 21 so...

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697698

Yes, as soon as concrete information is available, Dr. C or a representative from Avanti Derma will update the forum community :)

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697729

I'm still on for June 9th as planned. Luckily the airlines and hotels and letting everybody move travel around without the change fees (as of right now). Will keep the appointment tentatively unless I hear there is too much trouble at the border getting in/out.

Traveling Abroad during the Pandemic for PMMA 3 years 10 months ago #1308697730

Really? Mine was on the 17th and it was canceled

Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream