PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ellansé or Linnea?

Ellansé or Linnea? 3 years 2 weeks ago #1308702810

Nonsurgical Phalloplasty:
PMMA (Linnea Safe™) or PCL (Ellansé®)?

( avantiderma.com/nonsurgical-phalloplasty...safe-or-pcl-ellanse/ )
Although most prospective phalloplasty patients have a clear idea about the product that they want to use, for others, the decision is difficult to make.
The two products are made with solid microspheres of similar size and concentration, suspended in the same carrier (an absorbable gel known as carboxymethylcellulose.
The two products offer similar clinical results to the point that it is impossible to differentiate one from another.
The catch? They are still very different. PMMA microspheres (Linnea Avanti™) are not metabolized by the body, while PCL (Ellansé®) microspheres are slowly dissolved and absorbed. PMMA is permanent, and PCL has a minimum duration of one, two, or three years, depending on its variety.
In my opinion and medical experience, both products are safe and effective, both have pros and cons, and the final decision navigates a gray field with imprecise barriers.
The guidelines that I use are based on the anticipation of complications (mainly psychological) in the long term.
I recommend permanent PMMA to the following types of patients:
- Over 30 years old.
- Regardless of their age, patients who have a firm and well-informed decision to have a permanent body modification.
- Good knowledge of the mechanism of action and other characteristics of the different soft tissue fillers.
On the other hand, the following are the main reasons why I recommend a non-permanent product like PCL:
- Younger patients who may be making a decision lightly.
- Ignorance of the procedure or the soft tissue fillers.
- Undecided, doubtful patients, fearful of the procedure or its possible results.
- Well-informed patients who are convinced that the product they want offers temporary results.
The attached table shows the differences between the two products.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gg82

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Avanti_Derma.

Ellansé or Linnea? 2 years 5 months ago #1308705760

Super helpful post!

One question I’ve had ( and maybe Avanti Derma has the answer), do you know how evenly PCL dissolves. Assuming it all doesn’t dissolve evenly, are you likely to have uneven collagen production later in the products life cycle? That is the biggest question for me about PCL.

Ellansé or Linnea? 2 years 5 months ago #1308705765

Hello @ColdFire ,
In theory, PCL should dissolve at the same rate unless you get a combination of different varieties. Remember that they offer three of them, based on longevity.
However, possibilities are endless, and I cannot predict or assure specific results.
In clinical practice, we see some variations in the absorption rate with PCL and HA.

Ellansé or Linnea? 2 years 5 months ago #1308705766

Avanti_Derma wrote: Hello @ColdFire ,
In clinical practice, we see some variations in the absorption rate with PCL and HA.

Thanks! Assuming there was some unevenness as the stimulant starts to fade, would you be able to add more Ellanse to touch up the uneven areas? You would then have two "cycles" so to speak in different places.

• Page: